Faqr or Alfaqr
What is Faqr?
Faqr is the path leading to Divinity. In other words, it is the knowledge of vision of Allah.
Origin of Faqr
It is the real heritage of Prophet Mohammad. He said about it:
Meaning: Faqr is my pride and it is from me.
On more occasion the Holy Prophet said:
Meaning: Faqr is my pride and it is from me. My superiority over all the Prophets and Messengers is just because of it.
Difference between Faqr and Sufism
Sultan Bahoo (ra) has neither called his teachings Sufism nor Spirituality rather he called them AlFaqr. Not only him but the perfect Saints like Shaikh Abdul Qadir Jilani and Sultan ul Ashiqeen Sultan Mohammad Najib ur Rehman have also called their teachings as AlFaqr.
Faqr in Quran
There is a verse in Quran:
Meaning: Satan threatens you about AlFaqr and orders you to immorality, while Allah promises you forgiveness from Him and bounty. And He is all-Encompassing and Knowing.
Teachings of Faqr
Infact Sultan Bahoo books are full of refrences
- What is the final level of Faqr? Whatever I say is according to my own experience and the knowledge of Divine Essence is sufficient for me. Those who claim to possess high levels in AlFaqr are braggarts and liars. Some of them know it just verbally, some have experienced its one or few states, and some just know the deeds and teachings. Only one out of thousands acquires the real gnosis of Sultan-ul-Faqr by attaining the union of exact Divine Beauty, being blessed with highest levels and witnessing it personally. (Ameer-ul-Kaunain)
Fake Claims about AlFaqr
- Most people just guise themselves as the people of Faqr, only one out of thousands is accomplished in it. What exactly is Faqr? AlFaqr is a light whose name is Sultan-ul-Faqr and is always desirable in the court of Almighty and favoured by Him. It can approach everywhere just in a blink of an eye. Neither it is Essence nor other than Him. It is in fact the Fakir himself who is absolutely pure Noor. It is a grand kingdom of Divine Closeness which has been present since eternity. (Ameer-ul-Kaunain)
Ruler of Everything
- There are four provinces of the kingdom of Faqr, province of pre-existences, province of eternity, province of world and province of hereafter. One who approaches the kingdom of AlFaqr becomes ruler over these four provinces and all the worlds become his obedient servant. Faqr is independent of all the needs while the people of any of these four provinces are indigents and beggars in the view of Fakir. O’ immodest fool! This is the station of true Fakirs. (Ameer-ul-Kaunain)
- Infact, final step is of Faqr to drown and annihilate in the Divine light and have presence of the holy Mohammad assembly (Majlis e Mohammadi). This is the true verification. Faqr makes the inward of its follower all Noor through the invocation of Allah, his body becomes the spiritual Mount Tur where he converses with Lord like Prophet Moses used to do. The Murshid who can neither take his disciples to this station of Faqr nor knows the way to approach it, is a fool if he lets himself be called as Murshid. There are many such fake Pirs. There are also a lot of so called Pirs, who like a barber, cut the hair of their disciples as a ritual. True Pir must be independent of all such rituals.
Sultan-ul-Ashqieen and Teachings of Faqr
- The literal meaning of Faqr is indigence and poverty. However, according to the Mystics it is the destination of life about which the Holy Prophet said the following;
Meaning: AlFaqr is my pride and it is from me.
How to Understand Faqr?
- It is not complicated. If you want to understand alFaqr go through the lives of the four Rashidun Caliphs (Rightly Guided Caliphs). Then AlFaqr will become easy on you.